Monday, January 09, 2006

The Best of 2005: A Neverending Dilemma..


Every December I get asked about Ben Siario's best of list and I start to worry about my own. Have I purchased 10 albums that came out this calendar year? Have I HEARD 10 albums that came out this year? Will Ben get pissed if I put stuff on there that came out in 2004? 1987?

In case you haven't seen it already, here is Sisario's jaw droppingly comprehensive best of list. (And you wrote a book too?!?)

And here is MY LIST!

1. Watts Passage "The Return of the Hill People"
2. Mary Timony "Ex Hex"
3. Propagandhi "Potemkin City Limits"
4. Mike Jones "Who Is Mike Jones?"
5. High on Fire "Blessed Black Wings"
6. The Darkness "One Way Ticket to Hell and Back"
7. Dungen "Ta Det Lungt"
8. Sleater Kinney "The Woods"
9. The Game "The Documentary"
10. Queens of the Stone Age "Lullabies to Paralyze"

Man, I must be moving out of the record buying demographic. I don't have much faith in that list, and right now my favorite album is KIX "Blow My Fuse"

Best show of 2005: Sonata Arctica at JAXX!!!

Please submit your Best of 2005 lists and Happy New Year!

5 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger rudylandsam said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger rudylandsam said...

Tom Bateman's list..

Here's my list for best of '05, in no particular order:

1. Federation X: "Rally Day"
2. The Sights: self titled
3. Mars Volta: "Frances the Mute"
4. Gogol Bordello: "Gypsy Punks"
5. QOTSA: "Lullabies to Paralyze" (the live disc is pretty good too)
6. Goon Moon: "I Got a Brand New Egg Layin' Machine"
7. A Day in Black and White: "Notes"
8. Boris: "Akuma No Uta"
9. Early Man: "Closing In" (Death is the Answer is worth the price of admission on this one)
10, Wolfmother: self titled, released at the end of the year in Australia. EP has been out in the States, though I think it was '04. Regardless, this 3-piece rocks Cream/Sabbath style.
11. Watts Passage: "Return of the Hill People"
12. White Stripes: "Get Behind Me Satan"

I have yet to hear SunnO)))'s '05 release "Black One", but from what I've read it'd probably be on this list.

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised to see that Prussian Blue hasn't made any of the lists. Not exactly a "Victory Day" for true music.

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. 93 calibre legal requirement dangerous game spyder paintball gun Web development jobs off rooley lane proactiv telangiectasias Eye tracking web page design Mcse planning implementing and maintaining a microsoft culinary schools cooking school Order pharmacy adderall prescription Effexor adverse drug reaction 307 peugeot used Web design alicante Fun email forwards lists Monroe liposuction 40mg of lexapro

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP 10 capsule meridia Fiduciary accounting software 1992 isuzu Ketek pak v. nexium oldsmobile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home